Welcome to Greenvale Baptist Church!
- GOD : We believe there is one God who exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- JESUS : We believe that Jesus is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave and ascended into Heaven.
- THE RETURN OF CHRIST : We believe Jesus Christ will literally return to Earth.
- HOLY SPIRIT : We believe that God, the Holy Spirit, is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation and is the Comforter and Guide who lives in every believer.
- THE BIBLE : We believe in the Holy Scrpture accepting fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the very Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts; the scriptures are infallible, inerrant, and authoritative rule for a life in faith.
- MAN : We believe that man is a special creation of God made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners in need of salvation.
- SALVATION : We believe in salvation by grace through faith, that salvation is a free gift of God not by any virtue or works of man, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; that all true believers posess the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteousness, sonship in the family of God and the divine guarantee that they shall never perish.
- ASSURANCE : We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- ETERNITY : We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ will spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ will spend eternity in Heaven.
- SATAN : We believe in the existence of Satan, the deceiver and God of this present world; that he was defeated and judged at the cross and therefore, his final doom is certain.
- PRIESTHOOD OF BELIEVERS : We believe in the priesthood of all believers; that Christ is our great High Priest and through Him every born-again person has direct access into God's presence without the need of a human priest, that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scripture guided by the Holy Spirit.
- CHURCH : We believe that a New Testament Church is an organized body of born-again, baptized believers practicing Scriptural ordinances and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- CHURCH ORDINANCES : We believe that the two Scriptural ordinances given to the local church are baptism by immersion of believers only and the Lord's Supper to be partaken of by obedient Christions of like faith and order.
- PRAYER : We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- GOVERNMENT : We believe in the seperation of church and state but not in the separation of God and government. Christians are salt and light in society.